But I just can't do a Plank!

 “oh, I’ve tried that – but I just can’t plank”.

Were you the one saying or thinking that? Could be, as I hear it often.
I, too, couldn’t master the plank. Just getting on the floor on all fours is quite an issue when you’re overweight or have squeaky joints.

So here’s my challenge: could you, just for one time, try this one: yes, get on the floor, on your elbows. Now up on your tiptoes, belly off the floor: YOU DO A PLANK! Just for 1 second.

Now, plop down and let this sink in: you actually managed to do a plank for 1 second. Maybe not the best technique, maybe … whatever. You did it. For just 1 second.
And you didn’t need to change clothes, or buy some special outfit. And you didn’t work a sweat – while you did work some major muscle groups.

Could you try again tomorrow, adding 1 second: that would mean you can plank for TWO seconds.
And then next day…. You get it.

We have a planking challenge going on, which started on August 1st with a one second plank. If you want to join us, you could catch up with us: on this 4th of August you’ll do 4 seconds. OR, you just keep doing 1 second, while watching the videos of our progress passing by.
The main thing is: you actually did exercise. No, not life changing on its own, but yes life changing as it got you off the couch and doing a powerful exercise.

Some call it micro steps, I call it doable steps.
Follow me for more Evelien’s Doables!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning my Mess into a Message