What Insulin do you use?

 What Insulin do you use?

On a Sunday morning, two years ago, staying home to stay off the street. A WhatsApp message from our son, staying at a friend’s house:

  

“Which insulin do you use?”
            Me: “Levemir and Novorapid”
            He: “Apparently, the MD pharmacy has some”

    Me: “thanks, but I have quite a stock already”
    He: “I’m bombarded with help here for if you need insulin”.

    (..)
     He: “B.Supermarket carries it also quite often, but at $70 per pen –                   
they tell me here that that’s  very expensive”.

Oh, those sweet friends and parents of friends, sending messages from here to there, pointing each other to where insulin can be found, which pharmacy is functioning, what other places have started supplying as well. The panic when lockdown came out of the blue, or dragged on for more days than expected.
And your own worries: what if something goes wrong, really wrong, just when you need your next shot or next pill – or when you’ve just taken that and now must eat… 

Welcome to the world of type 2 Diabetes, where you have a bit more to organize that other people, while feeling so lousy for keeping your children, their friends and their parents on the alert for your wellbeing. Stress upon stress and then stress about causing so much stress.

Never had such a message again. Because I no longer use insulin, nor any other Diabetes medication. Well, there was a message last week: “do you have a pack of coffee? I ran out and it’s so hard to stay home without good coffee”.

If you want to get off insulin too, enroll in my online class to learn how it can be done in easy doable steps. Send me an email to HealthyLifestyleHaiti@Cheerful.com and I’ll send you the info.

 

Healthily yours,

 

Evelien

Comments

  1. I'm so happy for your success and so thankful that you are sharing your knowledge with others!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning my Mess into a Message

But I just can't do a Plank!