the Pill Caroussel

 

The Pill Caroussel

“Can you do that when I’m not around?” he asked with an unusually small voice.
“Why, you find it scary? It’s just pills”, I flipped back. My teenage son shrugged his shoulders and got himself out of the way. My counting out of pills apparently made him a little nervous.

“Just pills”. A lot of pills. So many, that I needed a daily pill organizer; and then a carousel to organize those organizers into something reassuring me that I was all set for another month. And looking ahead: was there anything in the foreseeable future requiring additional reserves? Travel, shelter in place for either political or tropical storms, upcoming shortages of any kind or any reason?
Pills in stock, pills in my purse and my car, pills for “just in case” and pills to counter the absence of other pills. And pills to counter the toll on my stomach.

And then came the insulin pens – which needed to be transported from the supplier in a cooler and at home stocked in the fridge (not to mention thinking about also buying needles for the injections). Add insulin cool-pouches for travel. It could all be organized, planned and administrated. Hence, I organized, planned and administrated.

Then the change.
Reading about “other” ways to live with type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, weird cardiovascular issues and taking care of my gastrointestinal system which could no longer stomach all this medication. “Reversing”, “beating”, “taking control over” type 2 Diabetes and its unfriendly companions. Buying the books, attending information meetings, taking courses, reading articles, joining patient groups, absorbing while trying and applying. Watching the magic happen….
Medication decreased, doses got smaller, prescriptions shorter, insulin discontinued, other medication discontinued, lab results improved, energy went up and weight went down! Out went the carousel, up my energy and zest for life and people asking if I could share what I’d found. A dream unfolding ….

And so Healthy Lifestyle Haiti was born. Now to organize, plan and administer all the knowledge 😉

If you, too, want to learn how to turn around your type 2 Diabetes, drop me an email at HealthyLifestyleHaiti@cheerful.com and I gladly explain how to enroll in the next class.

Healthily yours,

Evelien 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning my Mess into a Message

But I just can't do a Plank!