What's in a name - part 2


What’s in a Name – part 2

And the name of the program: “Healing Diabetes”?
Even though that I no longer am insulin dependent, I am not truly healed from my Diabetes 2, however I no longer need medical intervention.

Think of it as an allergy: if you are allergic to, say, Polar Bears, you can manage that allergy by moving to the Tropics: no Polar Bears, thus no allergic reaction, and no more allergy medication – but to consider yourself “healed” from your Polar Bear allergy would be too far-fetched. Get it?

If you treat your Diabetes 2 as an allergy to certain food groups, you can live a very healthy life just like non-Diabetics by relocating from “What-Everyone-Is-Eating”-land to “What-Allows-Me-To-Live-Without-Medication”-land. And similar to the move from the Arctic to the Tropics, this will introduce you to new types of food, a different way of physically moving through life, sleep and relaxation. Exciting!
 
Hence, rather than suggesting this program will be healing, reversing, or beating Diabetes, I suggest calling it a taming, a minimizing or even coping with Diabetes – but the latter in the sense of avoiding the Polar Bears rather than safely living with them by carrying an anesthetic gun to keep these killers at bay.

So join me on this adventure, taking responsibility for your health and taking control of your Diabetes 2 by changing your lifestyle. Let’s just call it proudly “Healthy Lifestyle PAP” as we started the journey in Port-au-Prince, hoping to become a model for other countries.
Evelien

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It has been an incredibly exciting journey indeed. That's why I am inviting people to do the same - but without the trial & error, as I have done that homework for you already!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But I just can't do a Plank!

Turning my Mess into a Message